Dear Parents and Pupils of McLaren High School
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as the Chair of the Parent Council and highlight the facility that we provide. The Council meets with the school throughout the year to discuss current school issues, ongoing projects and any questions/problems raised from the wider McLaren family.
We are here to help. Our main functions are to:
- Support the school in its work with pupils and parents
- Represent the views of parents
- Promote contact and communication between the School, parents, pupils and the wider community
- Report to the Parent Forum
The Parent Council welcomes contact and input from parents at anytime on school related issues.
We rely on parents to tell us how we can best represent your views:
- What are your priorities?
- What are your concerns?
- What if anything we can help you with?
- Which communication methods work best for you?
- What do you like about the School?
- What do you not like about the School?
- What do you think could be improved?
- What would you like the Parent Council to do that we are not already doing?
Everyone is welcome to come along and listen or raise their own questions. Please consider joining this worthwhile committee and help make a difference for all our children and young people. You will get a great deal of satisfaction out of being a member; you will have the undivided attention of Mr Fleming and the opportunity to grill him on any issue that is close to your heart.
I am aware that it is often difficult to attend the meetings as we live in busy times. However, I would like to encourage people to send me their questions/projects/issues that they would like to be raised and I will be happy to reply with the answers or any progress after the next Council meeting.
Thank you for your continued support for our children's school.
Parent Council Chair
Mike Lee Chairman
Pat Hayes Vice Chairman
Murray Parsons Treasurer
Marc Fleming Headteacher
The office bearers can be contacted via the school office on 01877 330156 or email email@example.com or contact Mike Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Minutes of meetings can be accessed at the link below.
This web site is provided by Learning and Teaching Scotland and provides a wide range of Information about education in Scotland for parents of children aged 3 to 18, including ideas on how to support your child's learning.
A link to the site is provided below.
Link: Parent Zone