Some teachers at McLaren High School are using a website called Edmodo with their classes. Edmodo is a free and secure learning network for teachers, pupils, and schools. It provides a safe way for teachers and pupils to connect, share content, access homework, participate in discussions, manage due dates, and receive class information.
Unlike other social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, Edmodo is a tool strictly for educational purposes and we will be enforcing the following guidelines:
- Pupils will be required to use appropriate spelling and grammar instead of texting language.
- Edmodo does not allow private student-to-student messaging - the site will be used to discuss school-related content only, and the teacher will monitor all Edmodo activity.
- The McLaren High School Code of Conduct will be enforced on Edmodo. No put-downs or sarcasm toward another’s ideas will be permitted.
- Pupils who violate the guidelines above may face disciplinary action and/or face losing the privilege of using Edmodo.
Edmodo is accessible to Teachers, Pupils and Parents at any time on any device through the Web. Please note that the mobile and iPad app are not available for the Parent Accounts at this time.
If you wish to follow your child’s account to stay up to date on class activities and grades, you can by signing up for your Parent Account on the website at any time.
If you do not yet have an Edmodo account, you can sign up for your Parent Account by following these steps:
- Locate your child’s parent code. This can be found on the lower left side of their student account Homepage or your child can request the code from one of their teachers.
- Go to www.mclarenhigh.edmodo.com and click “I’m a Parent” (located below “I’m a Teacher”).
- Enter the required registration information and you’ll then be logged into your Parent Account.
McLaren High School Edmodo Policy will be available on the school website.
Once your account is created, Parent Accounts will give you a view of your child’s activities but no actions or communication can be taken in this account. With one single parent account you are able to add multiple children and will not need to create any other parent account.
You can learn more about the Parent Account by going to the Help Center at support.edmodo.com and clicking “I’m a Parent.”
|MHS Edmodo Policy||[pdf 134KB]|